The page uses Browser Access Keys to help with keyboard navigation. Click to learn moreSkip to Navigation

Different browsers use different keystrokes to activate accesskey shortcuts. Please reference the following list to use access keys on your system.

Alt and the accesskey, for Internet Explorer on Windows
Shift and Alt and the accesskey, for Firefox on Windows
Shift and Esc and the accesskey, for Windows or Mac
Ctrl and the accesskey, for the following browsers on a Mac: Internet Explorer 5.2, Safari 1.2, Firefox, Mozilla, Netscape 6+.

We use the following access keys on our gateway

n Skip to Navigation
k Accesskeys description
h Help
    University of Louisiana Lafayette
  Dec 13, 2017
2017-2018 Undergraduate and Graduate Academic Catalog


  1. Degree Student
  2. Special Non-Degree Student
  3. Certificate Student
  4. Entrée Student
  5. Change of Classification

A. Degree Student

A degree student is one who has been admitted to the Graduate School and who has been accepted by a department for a program of study leading to the awarding of a graduate degree.

B. Special Non-Degree Student

  1. A Special Non-Degree student is one who has been admitted to the Graduate School for graduate study, but who has not been admitted to a graduate degree program.
  2. The courses taken by a Special Non-Degree student may or may not be applicable to a degree at a later date.
  3. The course of study of a Special Non-Degree student is subject to approval by the Dean of the Graduate School.
  4. A Special Non-Degree student must meet the prerequisites for each course taken.

C. Certificate Student

A certificate student is one who has been admitted to the Graduate School for study toward a specific certificate.

D. Entrée Student

An Entrée student is one who has been admitted to Graduate School in Entrée status for study which does not lead to a graduate degree. This program may not be used to circumvent Graduate School regulations; some departments do not permit students to enroll in this status.

E. Change of Classification

No student may change graduate or undergraduate classification, doctoral or master's level, or major after the fourteenth day of classes (seventh in summer).