Mar 30, 2023
2021-2022 Undergraduate and Graduate Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
- Coursework consists of at least 18 hours with a minimum of 6 in residence through UL.
- At least 6 hours of credit toward the minor must be at the 300-400 level.
- Students must have at least a 2.0 cumulative grade point average with no more than one D in the courses used to satisfy the minor.
- Students must meet all requirements and prerequisites listed in the catalog for all courses in the minor.
- A student’s degree catalog will determine which minors are available to study. Students, in consultation with academic advisor, may elect to switch catalogs.
- All minors are governed by the college that houses the discipline of the minor, and in the case of cross-college interdisciplinary minors, the primary college of the minor. The dean of that college will have final say over the contents, rules, minimum performance standards and availability of the minor, and any course substitutions or other deviations from the curriculum specified for the minor.
- The minor description must specify which, if any, general education courses can be double-counted, toward general education requirements and toward the minor.
- Each college may specify whether students in that college are required to have a minor to graduate.
- Students must declare a minor no later than the date on which they apply for graduation. Exceptions may be granted with approval from the student’s major academic dean’s office.
- An awarded minor is displayed on the transcript after graduation but is not displayed on the diploma.
- Minors will not be awarded retroactively after graduation.
Undergraduate Minors are grouped according to the colleges offering the relevant coursework. Unless otherwise specified, students may choose a minor within any college, regardless of the college of their major.
Please consult your academic advisor prior to selecting your minor.
College of the Arts
Art History Minor
Dance (Ballet) Minor
Dance (Modern) Minor
Industrial Design Minor
Interior Design Minor
Visual Arts Minor
B.I. Moody III College of Business Administration
Business Minor for Non-Business Majors
Food Service Management Minor
Hospitality Management Minor
Insurance & Risk Management Minor
International Business Minor (For Business Majors)
Investments and Portfolio Management Minor
Legal Studies Minor
Professional Sales Minor
Promotional Management Minor for Non-Business Majors
College of Education
Secondary Education & Teaching Minor
College of Engineering
Bioprocess Engineering Minor (for engineering majors)
Bioprocess Technology Minor (For Engineering Majors)
Coastal Engineering Minor (Engineering Majors Only)
Computer Science Minor
Environmental Engineering Minor (For Engineering Majors)
Manufacturing Minor (For Engineering Majors)
Materials Engineering Specialty Minor
Renewable Energy Minor
Technology Commercialization Minor
Pre-MBA (For Engineering Majors)
College of Liberal Arts
Black and African Diaspora Studies Minor
American Politics Minor
Applied Forensics Minor
Arabic Studies Minor
Cajun and Creole Studies Minor
Human Development and Family Science Minor
Cinema Studies Minor
Communication Minor (Online Option)
Creative Writing Minor
Criminal Justice Forensics Minor
Criminal Justice Minor
Gender and Sexuality Studies Minor
International Relations Minor
Latin American Studies Minor
Mass Communication/Broadcasting Minor
Medieval and Early Modern Studies Minor
Organizational Communications Minor
Political Science Minor
Professional Writing Minor
Public Relations Minor
Religious Studies Minor
Sport Communication Minor
Ray P. Authement College of Sciences
Computer Science Minor
Environmental Science Minor
Military Science Minor